Central District Conference and Mennonite Church USA, Vision: Healing and Hope
God calls us to be followers of Jesus Christ, and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to grow as communities of grace, joy and peace, so that God’s healing and hope flow through us to the world.
Central District Conference Mission Statement
The mission of Central District Conference is to know Christ’s abundant love in who we are and how we live, and to answer God’s persistent call to share that love with one another and the world by:
- Promoting a Christ-like community of hospitality where all are welcome and where grace-filled relationship flourish, and patience and generosity are practiced,
- Calling and nurturing wise, dynamic and compassionate Anabaptist leadership,
- Supporting missional partnerships that make God’s reign visible and fostering ministries of evangelism, peace, healing and hope.
Central District Conference is excited to see how the Spirit is moving across our conference as we work at carrying out our mission. We are offering Emerging Communities of Faith grants designed to encourage the growth of emerging communities of faith in our conference. This grant will match (see details below) money raised at the grassroots level (from the local community) to give the extra financial boost necessary for an emerging community of faith. An emerging community of faith may be any group that sees itself as growing into relationship with Central District Conference.
There are up to $8,000 grant dollars available to emerging communities of faith, per year up to three years.
- First Year: There is up to $8,000 grant dollars available for those who submit a grant request and are approved.
- Second Year: There is a 2:1 matching grant available, up to $8,000 grant dollars, contingent on the emerging community of faith providing up to $4,000 dollars (pledges or in hand).
- Third Year: There is a 1:1 matching grant available, up to $8,000 grant dollars, contingent on the emerging community of faith providing up to $8,000 dollars (pledges or in hand).
Grant proposals may be submitted at any time. An emerging community of faith may apply for this grant once/year up to three years.
Grants must be used for emerging communities of faith. Please contact the conference office for guidance by email at email@example.com or call 800.662.2264.
Decisions for funding will be made by the Missional Church Committee at a regularly scheduled committee meeting. In the case of matching grants, funds will be distributed after receiving information that the matching funds and/or pledges have been raised. The amount of funds disbursed will depend on the available funds.
Download the Emerging Communities of Faith application
Applications can be:
*Filled out online below
*Form downloaded and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Form printed and mailed to: Central District Conference, 1015 Division St, Goshen, IN 46528
Electronic submittal preferred. If submitting via postal mail, please use black ink.