Infants and Preschool Childcare Schedule:
Childcare will be provided for infants and preschool age children in the Ciao room during the pastor appreciation dinner. Childcare will be provided in Ciao room during the delegate sessions and worship. Healthy snacks will be provided. Bottles, baby food, and special items should be provided by the parents. Childcare is provided free of charge. A signed Medical Release Form must be on file before your child arrives. You may download the form and bring it with you or pick one up at the registration table. Please register online or download the Infant and Preschool Registration Form and send it to Central District Conference, 1015 Division St, Goshen, IN 46528.
- *4:50p – 7:15p in the Ciao Room. Childcare is available only for children whose parents are attending the pastor appreciation dinner.
- *7:30p – conclusion of worship for in Ciao Room.
- *Older preschoolers (3-4) will join their parents for the worship service at 7:30p and then leave for childcare following children’s time.
- *8:15a – 11:45p
- *11:45a – 1:30p Parents are responsible for children for lunch.
- *1:30 – 5:00p
- *5:00-7:00p Parents are responsible for children for dinner.
- 7:00-8:30p Childcare is available for parents who choose to attend the seminars.
- *8:30 am – conclusion of annual meeting (12p) for infants – age 2
- *Older preschoolers will join their parents for the worship service at 8:30a and then leave for childcare following children’s time
Children Age K – Grade 12
We look forward to getting to know our conference children. The folks from Silverwood Mennonite have planned some wonderful activities for your children. this year. A special thanks to Aimee Weishaupt for coordinating!
Dinner and childcare will be provided in the Gathering Rooms for children whose parents are attending the Pastor Appreciation dinner on Thursday evening.
Childcare will be provided in the Gathering Rooms for children whose parents are attending seminars on Friday evening.
All children must have a Field Trip, Medical Release Form on file before the child may participate in children’s activities. The form may be downloaded and filled out ahead of time or you can fill it out when you check in at the registration table.
A registration fee of $15/child ($25/child after June 10) may be paid through the adult registration process. The registration fee includes Friday lunch and snacks. Please register online below or download the K-Grade 12 Registration Form and send it to the conference office at 1015 Division St, Goshen, IN 46528.
Things to bring:
- Sunscreen and hat
- Shoes appropriate for walking
- Swim suit and towel
- Signed permission slips
Theme: Compassion All Around Us
Materials come from Illustrated Ministry. The children will be focusing on compassion for others, ourselves and the world. As we transform we are called to see others and how they move in the world. To be able to do this we must have compassion for how the world is for all of those around us. The children will explore this together.
Compassion All Around Me
- 4:45 Get to know kids (several games)
- 7:30 Worship with children’s story
- 8:00 Games & Craft related to the theme
Compassion with the World
- 8:15 Gather & Get to know you activities
- 8:45 Introduce what we will be doing the next couple of days.
Re-introduce Theme 1 (Compassion: All Around Me) – story, songs, and small activity
- 9:30 Free play (outside if nice, inside if not)
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Introduce Theme 2 (Compassion: For the World) – games, activities, and songs
- 11:45 Lunch with families
- 1:30 Gather back together – small game related to theme
- 2:00 Walk to splash pad – take snack
- 4:00 Games, reading, and songs
- 5:00 Dinner with families
- 7:00 Group Game
- 7:30 Quiet activities – coloring, board games, movie
Compassion Along the Way
- 8:15 Gather
- 8:30 Worship & Children’s story
- 9:00 Opening Activity
Introduce Theme 3 (Compassion: Along the Way)
- 9:15 Craft & Game
- 10:00 Walk to the Dam for a scavenger hunt
- 11:00 Return and wrap up
- 12:00 – Pick children up in the children’s area (Gathering Rooms) following the delegate session.